Aasvoëlbad Hiking Trails
Madibeng, North West
Aasvoëlbad labyrinth can be walked whilst watching the game on the farm. Game that can be seen on the farm is:
The fresh and newly built 6.5km and 4.5km respectively has been added to the farm Aasvoëlbad, the trail was developed by Gerhardt van Greunen. Both trails are rated as intermediate with surprises around every corner. Beautiful views that is rewarded a firm climb and rock pools to cool off in. Besides the two new trails, they also have a Labyrinth Walk.
What is a Labyrinth Walk:
Purposeful path to peace and possibilities.
Walking a labyrinth is a personal journey of self-discovery, growth and change.
Everyone who wants to walk has personal reasons (consciously and unconsciously), to find balance, to pray, to find answers to questions, to be open to answers, to set an intention, to meditate, to forgive, to creative inspiration, to relieve stress, to seek guidance or to find peace.
You can just wander ... or walk in a wander - there is no right or wrong way to walk a maze. Do what feels right for you. You can walk and rest, or walk and ponder, or walk and use your senses; listen to the birds, hear the wind. It can help to establish an intention first, the "why", the "what" and the "how". The meditation forest is a place for quiet meditation, to guide you with your intention.
The experience of walking in the labyrinth is different for each person, and also different each time you walk the labyrinth.
“No-one can walk the same labyrinth twice; it is always different, because between the first and the second visit, the man has changed and so has the labyrinth.” Donovan Robinson.
As guidance, the walk can be broken up into 3:
Enter into the labyrinth:
- Release or letting go of worries, fears, questions and uncertainties that occupy the mind.
- Receiving, let all thoughts and answers come to you. Spend time and reflect. You may receive something or leave something behind.
- Focus on returning to normal life, with the new found wisdom, composure and insight
The labyrinth is a representation of your inner journey to your own core and truth and back into the world where you can focus on your personal journey of life and not get caught up in the wrongs of life.
A path for Prayer and Meditation.
A tool for Transformation and Healing.
A walk with your Soul.
Close to the following attractions:
- Maropeng, Cradle of humankind
- Pilansberg Game reserve
- Lanseria airport
- Sun City
- From the turn off from the main road, there is a 1km well maintained gravel road.
- There are 3 farm gates that you go through.
- There is no official picnic area but there is space for a picnic, bring own food and drinks, NO ALCOHOL.
- R120.00 pp – Labyrinth walk
- R55.00 once off per reservation.